WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Answer and record all reported incidents and requests from internal and external customers via the ICT helpdesk function and ensure Abtran and the Client Service Level Agreements are met.
- Monitor the status and progress toward the resolution of all open incidents and keeping customers that are affected informed about the progress.
- Manage work and ServiceDesk tickets in accordance with the procedures outlined by
- Escalate issues to the ICT team as required.
- Resolve confirm and close ICT tickets for incidents as per the teams Service Level Agreement.
- Provide Helpdesk cover as required.
- Provide flexible on-call cover as per the on-call schedule set out by your Manager.
- Required to work out of office hours on short notice due to business needs
- Provide 1st level ICT support to resolve or escalate ICT incidents as appropriate.
- Provide information systems administration support.
- Provide telephony administration support.
- Provide escalation’s support to ICT Teams and Vendor Teams as required.
- Contribute to the enhancing of Service Desk procedures and policies.
- Maintain a consistent focus on the quality of service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Proactively suggest (and implement as appropriate) system, software, technology upgrades across the business and thereby improving on the efficiency of service/systems uptime.
- Show a positive attitude.
- Build relationships with your peers, colleagues, and manager.
- Support colleagues and build the right culture.
- Look out for each other.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and with Client
- Be flexible and adapt to different situations, customers and business needs.
- Recognise the part you play in the team and contribute to its success.
- Engage in and take ownership of personal development and career planning.
- Find ways to do things better for yourself, the team, Abtran, the customer and the
- Tell people about your good ideas.
PERSON SPEC AND COMPETENCIES:
Specifically, the IT Support Administrator will have:
- 2 or more years’ experience in ICT Support with an organization of 50+ users
- Experience of an ICT Service Desk and incident management processes
- Administration of Active Directory
- Knowledge of LAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet switch basic configuration
- Moving and re-patching PCs, IP phones and other Hardware
- Extensive experience supporting MS Windows workstations, printers, and standard end-user applications e.g. MS Office
- Cloud experience such as MS Office 365 is desired
Desired Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- ICT Technical Qualification (MCP, CCNA, etc.)
- A third level ICT Qualification
- Experience of ITIL processes
Personal Attributes required:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Good Team Player
- Can work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Excellent investigative, problem solving and follow through skills.
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail