We work with our clients to resolve their toughest challenges through applied software innovation. We’ve created Ireland’s best team of software developers to build the mission critical software that powers some of the world’s most successful companies. We solve their business problems through agile and cloud native software innovation. They choose us because we offer the cutting-edge talent they need to change faster, easier and more profitably; but they stay with us long term because we deliver every time.
Absoltech have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team. We are seeking forward-thinking people who will drive all aspects of our Healthcare IT Project, Program and Portfolio activities, including collaborating and coordinating across all IT and business segments.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing teams including the internal IT departments of our customer, partner suppliers and integrators.
Key collaborations will involve the integration of multiple systems including EHR, RIS/PACS and internal IT systems.
The Project Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining the project plan for UAT and go-live testing of the solution within a hospital IT environment.
- Coordinates the project towards its Quality, Time and Cost objectives.
- Ensures delivery on commitments, with quality, on time and takes corrective action if off track.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating activities for healthcare IT projects to ensure project goals and billing milestones are achieved.
- Present the project status to senior management on a regular basis.
- Runs Risk Management sessions with the teams and maintains a risk register on actions taken to continuously manage the risks.
- Supports the teams with the removal of external impediments that cannot be resolved by the team.
- Facilitate scheduling/planning/dependency management
- Propose quality objectives for the teams; ensure alignment with line managers, overall program and teams.
- Identify process/WoW improvement areas.
- Be a change agent.
- Project management skills acquired through training, project management experience or other experience of using project management methods and techniques.
- Experiences related to project management techniques and tools, such as project planning and cost control.
- Professional competence related to the project type and the nature of the project outcome.
- Project Managers should have a good understanding of the technical challenges of the project area (Healthcare IT systems) that they are responsible for.
- Minimum 7 years project management experience (managing multidisciplinary project teams) within IT and software development.
- PMI qualification or equivalent a plus.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience in Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other healthcare systems a plus (Meditech, Epic, Healthlink, Change Heath, etc) a plus
- Project governance experience.
- Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Consultancy experience a plus.
- Must have experience of previously managing (directly) several projects.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver business projects.
- Strong leadership skills for driving cross functional groups.