We work with clients to resolve their toughest challenges through applied software innovation. We’ve created Ireland’s best team of software developers to build the mission critical software that powers some of the world’s most successful companies. We solve their business problems through agile and cloud native software innovation. They choose us because we offer the cutting-edge talent they need to change faster, easier and more profitably; but they stay with us long term because we deliver every time.
Absoltech have a fantastic opportunity for an Full Stack Developer to join our team. We are seeking forward-thinking people who will drive all aspects of Software Development, perform various duties, tasks, and responsibilities as outlined below.
On a day to day basis you will be creating, modifying and testing code. You will be working within a Software Engineering Scrum Team on innovative projects.
Some of the latest technologies you will work with include Enterprise Java, EJB, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes & Helm.
It is expected that you are able to work with agile methodology and handle issues in a manner that complies with the way of working and java design guidelines set out by the Product Owner, Scrum Master and the client.
You will bring your own experience and ideas to the development process and you will be responsible for developing high-quality java code in an agile environment. Your work will include unit testing and other types of functional and non-functional testing. You will be required to interface with customers and stakeholders and mitigate risk.
- A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT or related discipline
- Object oriented analysis & design experience
- Excellent level of English is essential
- Knowledge of software design to ensure code is of a high standard
- Ability to develop solutions for user stories by writing the code and then testing the solution
- Development of code which is bug free using knowledge of Core Java
- Ability to debug applications to find the root cause of issues
- Industry experience working with: Java/Java EE, Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
- Experience working with Docker, Open shift – Kubernetes & Helm
- REST and SOAP services
- CI/CD pipeline, Bamboo and/or Jenkins (some ‘decent’ experience in this area)
Unit/Integration testing frameworks – ideally Jest
- Java and Spring Boot
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Outstanding communication (both spoken and written), planning, project management, networking and influencing skills
- Assist in project planning and task estimation
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Strong analytical skills and logical approach
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Maintain current industry / business knowledge
- Develop and share reusable knowledge that can be readily applied to new client projects