We’ve created Ireland’s best team of software developers to build the mission critical software that powers some of the world’s most successful companies. We solve their business problems through agile and cloud native software innovation. They choose us because we offer the cutting-edge talent they need to change faster, easier and more profitably; but they stay with us long term because we deliver every time.
Absoltech have a fantastic opportunity for Python Web Developers who want to explore the world of innovative software product development within a next generation enterprise platform. The project involves both transformation and building new services to be offered to customers. We are looking for team players who wants to be part of this challenging project working in a high-performance Agile Engineering team.
Duties and responsibilities:
On a day to day basis you will be creating, modifying and testing code. You will be working within a Software Engineering Scrum Team on innovative projects.
Some of the latest technologies you will be working with include working with backend CMS systems (Wagtail, Django, Wordpress etc), Enterprise Java, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes & Helm.
It is expected that you are able to work with agile methodology and handle issues in a manner that complies with the way of working and design guidelines set out by the Product Owner, Scrum Master and the client.
It is expected that you bring your own experience and ideas to the development process and you will be responsible for developing high-quality design in an agile environment. Your work will include unit testing and other types of functional and non-functional testing.
- A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT or related discipline
- Object oriented analysis & design experience
- Excellent level of English is essential
- Knowledge of software design to ensure code is of a high standard
- Knowledge of Python
- Ability to debug applications to find the root cause of issues
- Industry experience working with: Python, CMS systems (Wagtail, Wordpress, Django, etc)
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol, web application performance and scalability
- Experience working with Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience architecting testable applications
- Fundamental understanding of web-based programming and development systems
- Knowledge in developing scalable and highly available software
- Experience of working in an Agile environment with scrum software development teams
- Analytical skills in order to ensure high standard of the code produced
- Experience with migrating legacy systems to a Cloud Native architecture
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Displays ability to collaborate with other team members in order to reach the best solution to a problem
- Shows ability to prioritise issues during busy periods in order to ensure optimum performance
- Shows willingness to learn from others in order to ensure that solution proposed is the best solution
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work consistently as part of a team in order to provide adequate support to all staff members when completing tasks
- Displays ability to receive feedback in order to foster a learning environment within the workplace
- Ability to work efficiently in a timely manner when solving customer issues
- Ability to assist & coach new team members to maximise team performance
- Displays willingness to actively listen and give full attention to what others are saying
- Fosters a culture of self-improvement throughout the team